Crete 2022, summer is coming and all agencies are getting prepared for this.
Crete 2022 is an absolute safe destination. You are welcome to visit the “biggest” island of Greece, the one that has the best amenities to service to all ages of consumers!
Crete 2022 is a new start to the best summer of all last 3 years. Everyone admits it will be the most difficult restart of all past 3years. We estimate it will be a fantastic period for the people who will choose Crete 2022 for their vacation!
The low cost food of Crete is a main reason to Holiday in Crete 2022! The delicious Cretan diet, the ancient recipes we inherited, the cooking of food with natural products-of the season, avoiding genetically modified and chemically fertilized crops, Crete has the advantage to host people from all over the world.
Crete was the center of Europe’s most ancient civilization ; the Minoan, often referred to as the ‘cradle’ of European civilization. Little is known about the rise of ancient Cretan society, as very limited written records remain, and many are written in the undeciphered script known as Linear A.
This contrasts with the superb palaces, houses, roads, paintings and sculptures that do remain. Though early Cretan history is replete with legends such as those of King Minos; Theseus and the Minotaur; and Daedalus and Icarus passed on via Greek historians and poets such as Homer, it is known that the first human settlement in Crete, dating to the a ceramic Neolithic, introduced cattle, sheep, goats, pigs, and dogs, as well as domesticated cereals and legumes.
Minoan Civilization and Myth of Knossos Crete 2022.
Things Not to Miss in Crete 2022
• Hike parts of Samaria Gorge, a major mountain range that runs along Crete’s western coast with a breathtaking gorge to walk through and meet Liviko Pelagos -Libyan sea.
• Make day trips to the national parks on the neighboring islands of Gavdos and Spinalonga! Hire a car and drive yourself.
• Tour the Heraklion center, located in the island capital of the same name
• Visit the History Museum at Heraklion port and after Koules fortress on the venetian harbor too, close by.
• Spend the day exploring Elafonisi beach, west of Crete and south of Chania. Rent a car and drive yourself.
• Bike your way through the Lassithi plateau, place of birth of God Dias-Zeus. Rent a bike and do it easy.
• Take in the annual Matala festival in south of Heraklion. You can use a rental car from Crete.
• Shop at the popular Wednesday market in the town of Moires. The way to Moires is easy, by hiring a car is quick to find and park.
• Spend the day sunning yourself on Balos Beach. The way to this place is difficult, a special 4wd car is needed or a crossover hire car.
• Explore the Gaidouronisi island, know as Chrissi! The rental car can be parked at the port of Ierapetra, where all ferries depart from.
When To Go to Crete 2022:
Crete experiences a Mediterranean climate, which means cool, mild winters with temperatures peaking in the mid 25s and bright, sunny summers where daily temperatures rarely exceed 50 degrees, and rainfall is at its lowest. Those looking to get the most out of their Crete travel should then visit between May and September when the days are warm, and the evenings are just warm enough to make nighttime adventures easy and comfortable.
athenscars is waiting for your requests to reserve a car for Crete 2022!